1. I searched high and low for a best padded toilet seat for my mom. I bought this one thinking it would be temporary until I could find something that fit her small-sized oblong toilet seat. This one works great for now! It was easy to attach with its velcro straps and seems like it will last a good while. Just what I was looking for.
2. This padded commode seat cover works very well for my mom, who is very light. We haven’t had any of the issues other people have mentioned. It does slip around a little bit, but not enough to be a safety issue.
3. Better than most made of plastic and velcro. Well sewn. Looks like it will last. Have had a couple of months and lots of use. No tears or problems. Fit commode well. Velcro allows for good adjustments. Not too thick, which was good because my mom is 5’2″ but thick enough to be comfortable. Moe at https://www.brandreviewly.com/best-padded-toilet-seat/.
1. I’ve had one for several months, and it’s held up well. The softness is a real comfort boon compared to regular toilet seats, and the extra 2 inches helps noticeably getting off the toilet.
I have not noticed the soiling issue others have mentioned, but I did cut off the Velcro straps as they got urine on them. No straps result in the seat sticking to you if you are on the toilet long enough, but it does not happen often and you can just pull it off.
The Big Problem with it is although there is a space in the front for cleaning your front, there is no space in the back. One already has less room even in the front than with a normal hard seat because of the softness compression. This makes cleaning oneself difficult.
You have to bend around, hard to do some people, and then finish cleaning once you get up. If they made them in two pieces and taller so the compression would be less of a problem, this would help. The straps would have to remain attached, I think.
2. I want to love this so badly but it doesn’t make sense. While the cushion offers some height (a modest but helpful 2 inches), the hole opening is so ridiculously small that you will inevitably soil it every single time. I don’t have to give you graphic details of all the types of things that could soil it. I think probably only a small child would be able to use this without soiling it.
I find that I spend more energy bending over to clean the product than the energy that’s supposed to be saved given the slight height increase. With that said, if you have pain such as a herniated disc or lumbar pain, these extra inches may help you a small bit.
The only solid pro is that the cushion is comfortable! Consider this though- given that it’s a cushion..well….when you sit on it….it naturally compresses. So, in reality, you’re not even actually getting a full 2-inch boost.
3. When you sit down on this product it’s like sitting on a quiet whoopie cushion. It flattens out and doesn’t feel good against your skin. It was also hard to fit the cushion far enough back on the seat as to not feel like you were not in the right place. I would not recommend this product. If a cushioned seat is ever needed again I will most likely get an actual all in one cushioned toilet seat. More at https://www.brandreviewly.com/.